We’re your law firm to help plan for your future.
The lawyers at McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC know how important it is to make sure your future is planned out. Contact us so we can help you make those plans. Call us at 919-772-7000 to set up your consultation today.
Common questions that you should ask yourself when considering an estate plan are:
– Who will serve as the guardian of my children?
– Can I set up a trust so that the kids don’t get everything outright at 18?
– What happens to my retirement plan?
– What if I have specific items that I want to give to my kids?
– Where should I keep my will?
– Do I need a power of attorney or health care power of attorney?
– Does my executor or trustee get paid for his services?
– Should I set up a living trust?
– What happens if I die without a will?
– What are the probate fees in North Carolina?
– Does my ex-spouse receive any of my assets?
Some of the estate planning services we offer:
– Wills and Trusts
– Durable Powers of Attorney
– Health Care Powers of Attorney
– Living Wills
– Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs
– Minor’s Trusts
– Charitable Trusts
– Charitable Planning
– Wealth Management
– Special Needs Trusts
– Revocable or Living Trusts
– Marital and Credit Shelter Trusts
– Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
– Planning for Non-citizens
– Family Business Continuation Plans
– Retirement Plans and IRA Distribution Planning
Once your estate plan is in place, it is important that it be properly administered. At McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC, we work closely with executors, administrators, guardians, trustees, and beneficiaries to be sure they are informed and comfortable with the entire process. We will guide them through every step of the way, including:
– Beginning Probate Proceedings
– Estate Tax Return Preparation
– Advising clients on the determination, accounting treatment, and valuation of estate assets
– Choosing the right tax-favored elections, deductions, and method of estate tax payments
– Ensuring payment of claims, expenses, and taxes
– Providing instruction on how to dispose of and distribute estate assets
Lastly, if needed, we can also offer our services to help with:
– Lack of Testamentary Capacity
– Undue influence
– Breach of Fiduciary Duty
– Proof of Heirs Controversies
– Inheritance Disputes
– Recovering Lost Property
– and Intestate Litigation
Thank you for making McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC your law firm for life.